- City Departments
- Building Department
- ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING SYSTEM
ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING SYSTEM
Town of Los Altos Hills encourages the installation of EV chargers by offering a streamlined permitting and inspection process in compliance with AB 1236 and the Municipal Code Chapter 11 of Title 8 that further streamlines its approval process for qualifying EVCS.
Building permit applications for EV charger systems that meet the eligibility requirements can be submitted via email or in person. The permits will be processed in two (2) weeks.
EVCS permit applications will be subject to the following:
• Administrative approval, no Planning Dept. review.
• Approval limited to health and safety review
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION
• Expedited EV Permit & Checklist
• Fill Permit Application
• Plan shall be printable at 11”x 17” minimum and a maximum of 30”x 42” or provide digital copies via email to email@example.com
• Site Plan and electrical plan with a single‐line diagram
• Floor Plans, if equipment is installed indoors (including garage).
o Identify location of proposed equipment, including panelboards and standalone disconnects.
• Manufacturer’s Equipment Specification Sheets and Installation Instructions
• Electric Load Calculation Worksheet
Only one (1) inspection shall be required and performed by the Building Division for electric vehicle charging systems. During the required inspection, if it is found that the installation does not conform to the approved plans and/or comply with the current California Building Code and/or California Electrical Code requirements, then an additional follow-up inspection, or inspections, shall be required. If an electric vehicle charging station system fails inspection, a subsequent inspection is authorized.
THE BUILDING DIVISION INSPECTION SHALL BE SCHEDULED WITHIN THREE (3) BUSINESS DAYS, UPON REQUEST, AND MAY INCLUDE CONSOLIDATED INSPECTIONS.
Note: The information provided in this document is general in nature and intended as a guide. Each home is unique and additional requirements may be required as deemed appropriate. All plans, forms and documents can be submitted in-person or via email to PERMITS@LOSALTOSHILLS.CA.GOV