- Drought Information
California Drought Emergency
Mandatory Water Restrictions Starting June 1, 2015.
Prohibited Uses of Water:
- Irrigating ornamental landscapes more than twice a week
- Applying water to outdoor landscapes that causes runoff onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, private and public walkways, roadways, parking lots, or structures
- Using a hose to wash motor vehicles unless the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle or device that causes it to cease dispensing water immediately when not in use
- Applying potable water to driveways and sidewalks
- Using potable water in a fountain or other decorative water feature, except where the water is part of a recirculating system
- Applying potable water for outdoor landscapes during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall
- Using potable water to irrigate outside of new construction inconsistent with regulations or other requirements established by the California Building Standards Commission and the Department of Housing and Community Development
- Using potable water on ornamental turf in public street medians
- Leaks must be fixed within five business days of notification
Contact your water retailer for more details.
In order to meet its state-mandated water reduction target, Purissima Hills Water District has implemented mandatory restrictions on outdoor irrigation.
Purissima Hills Water District Mandatory Irrigation Limitations:
Irrigate no more than twice a week
For customers who use more than 30 units in a month, there are typically opportunities to use water more efficiently. The district’s Conservation Specialist is available for an appointment to meet and suggest ways to save water that are specific to the customer’s property. For more information go to the Purissima Hills Water website.
CalWater Los Altos is required by the State to reduce water use by 32% compared to 2013 usage. All residential and non-residential CalWater customers are requiured to reduce their overall water use by 32% from their usage in 2013. CalWater customers can view water budget and history at the CalWater website.
CalWater Additional Mandatory Irrigation Limitations:
- Even number addresses can irrigate only Tuesday and Friday
- Odd number addresses can irrigate only Monday and Thursday
- No landscape irrigation during daytime hours, between 8 am and 6 pm
- No filling or refilling of ornamental lakes or ponds except to sustain existing aquatic life
Find out more about the drought at the Santa Clara Valley Water District website.