The Department provides support to the Planning Commission and City Council on development and land use matters, and coordinates with the Pathways, Environmental Design and Protection, and the Open Space Committees in the review of development permit applications.
For questions regarding the planning process and timeline for obtaining a Site Development Permit, please review the Site Development Process Road Map.
- The Planning Counter at Town Hall is currently closed, but Planning staff are available by phone and email.
- The Planning Department is continuing to accept new applications and review existing applications pursuant to the Town’s Interim Procedures and Protocol for Application Submittals, Permit Issuance and Site Inspections.
- For planning questions, to submit an application, or to schedule an appointment with a Planner, please call (650) 941-7222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated Fee Schedule
The Town is currently analyzing the costs associated with services provided by the Building, Engineering and Planning departments. A Cost of Services (User Fee) Study and an updated Fee Schedule have been prepared and will be considered by the City Council on April 16, 2020. The 20/21 Fee Schedule is scheduled to go into effect on July 1, 2020.
- Cost of Services (User Fee) Study
- Proposed 20/21 Fee Schedule
Agendas / Minutes
FastTrack/ Site Development
Regular meetings are held each week on Tuesday at 10:00 a.m.
Please visit the Agenda Center to view current and past public hearing agendas and minutes.
Regular meetings are held on the first Thursday or each month at 6:00 p.m.
Please visit Granicus Media Archive to view all current and past public hearing agendas and minutes.
Updated Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Requirements
Visit the Town’s Accessory Dwelling Unit Web Page to learn about the State’s and Town’s regulations that control the development of ADUs in the community.
The Town of Los Altos Hills Interactive Geographic Information System (GIS) map provides zoning and land use designations, along with property information and our ongoing pathway system inventory. To locate a property, follow these steps:
- Click on "Search Parcel by Address"
- Type in name of street in "Street Name" search box
- Type in street number of address in "Street Number" search box or locate number in drop down list
- Click "Search" button, map will zoom to selected property
- Click on yellow highlighted parcel to view property information
26379 Fremont Road
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
26379 Fremont Road Los Altos Hills CA 94022
Phone: 650-941-7222Fax: 650-941-3160
COVID-19 UPDATE:8:30 a.m. - Noon
Planning Department Counter Hours
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Public counter at Town Hall is currently closed, but planners are available by phone at (650) 941-7222 or via email at email@example.com
Town Hall Normal Business Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - Noon
1:00 p.m - 5:00 p.m.
(except Public Holidays)
Planning and Building Director
Zachary Dahl, AICP