- 3:30 p.m.
- The 3rd Tuesday of the month
- Heritage House
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Council Liaison: Linda Swan
- Carol Gottlieb, Secretary
Term Expires: May 2024
- Sally Wood, Chair
Term Expires: June 2025
- Jitze Couperus
Term Expires: February 2024
- Sylvia Jensen, Vice Chair
Term Expires: April 2022
- Vicky Gardiner Taylor
- Joe Heinrich
- Linda Swan
The membership of this Committee shall consist of a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 9 members. The mission of the History Committee shall be the preservation of the Los Altos Hills heritage. The History Committee currently has 6 members. Four members are required for a quorum.
The charges to and duties of this Committee shall be to:
- To implement policies that preserve the historic and cultural fabric of the Town;
- To protect the historic and cultural resources from inappropriate destruction;
- To preserve community input into the policy-making process;
- To research and document best practices and model preservation policies;
- To organize and make available to the public the historic artifacts that have been preserved and to continue to collect historic artifacts for future generations.
Nothing in the aforementioned goals shall be interpreted as authorizing the mandatory historic preservation of private residences or require property owners to submit their pending site developments plans before the Committee.
Presentations sponsored by the History Committee
A Peek into the Past - March 17, 2021
The Tales of Page Mill Road - October 11, 2020
The First 50 Years of LAH - October 10, 2019
The Tales of Moody Road - September 29, 2019
Innovators of LAH - September 24, 2017
The Ginztons of Los Altos Hills - A Conversation with Nancy and Anne Gintzon - September 23, 2018
Growing Up in Early Los Altos Hills
Watch this video presentation by Children of the Packard Family presented on September 21, 2014:
Taaffe Family History
- Three generations of the Taaffe Family recount their stories in this presentation at Town Hall on October 11, 2015
60th Anniversary Gala: Oral Histories
50th Anniversary Video: Los Altos Hills "Treasures"