TOWN-WIDE CLEAN UPS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICEWhy have these events been postponed?
Foothill College is the only facility located within the Town (or close proximity) that is capable of handling these events safely. Unfortunately, as a result of COVID-19 and the continued Shelter-In-Place Orders, the College campus has been closed to the public. GreenWaste and the Town have been working with the College administration to obtain an exception to resume the Town wide Clean-up Events. Access to the College parking lots may be allowed by September or October. GreenWaste and the Town continue to seek firm dates when the site might be available for use; however, we don’t have an answer at this time. Please rest assured that we will provide updates as soon as they become available.Why can’t the Town wide Clean-up Events be held at an alternative location?
The Town wide Clean-up Events are conducted three (3) times per year and serve more than 140 customers per hour (in 2019 alone, each event saw an average of 840 customers per event). GreenWaste provides 14 commercial-sized vehicles, two 40-yard drop boxes and more than 40 support staff. There is no other facility that can handle an event of this size without posing significant and unmitigable safety concerns for workers, participants and the public.
The Town of Los Altos Hills and GreenWaste Recovery both prioritize the health and safety of their employees and community members and will work together to provide all services in a safe manner. What should I do if I have extra materials? The following programs and services remain available to you at no additional charge:
- Access to two (2) On-Call Clean Up Services for no additional charge. GreenWaste continues to provide this additional service at a time when many haulers have discontinued similar services.
- Each On-Call Clean Up Service allows the pickup of either one of the following:
- Up to two (2) Bulky Items, such as appliances and other household goods. Note, appliances which contain freon count as two (2) Bulky Items and smaller individual items must be containerized in bags or boxes not to exceed 3’ x 3’ x 3’.
- Bundled or bagged Yard Trimmings and Wood Waste. Note, bundles must not exceed 3’ x 3’ x 3’ and bag must be compostable (no plastic).
- Please Note: Once these two (2) no-charge collections have been exhausted, the service remains available for an additional charge.
- All residents are provided with four (4) Yard Trimmings Vouchers annually for use on your normal collection day. Please see voucher for limitations.
- Access to monthly Fire Prevention Events, held on the 3rd Saturday of each month, where residents can bring an unlimited amount of yard trimmings from 9:00am – 2:00pm. These events have been temporarily re-located to Purissima Park as a result of access restrictions to Foothill College.
- Access to the Los Altos Hills County Fire District’s Brush Chipping Program.
To Schedule an On-Call Clean-Up, contact GreenWaste Customer Service