Registering A Short Term Rental
The Town has launched a new website to register short-term rentals.
The City Council began discussing short-term rentals within the Town in early 2016. A Town Hall meeting was held on March 23, 2017 and on April 20, the Council directed staff to draft an ordinance to regulate short term rentals. The City Council considered the first draft ordinance at their September 21, 2017 regular meeting. The Council discussed significant modifications to the proposed ordinance and directed staff to draft the revisions for re-consideration by the Planning Commission.
The Planning Commission recommended approval of the 2nd draft ordinance on February 1, 2018.
The City Council initiated approval of the draft ordinance at their regular meeting on March 22, 2018. The Council will complete the second reading of the ordinance on April 19, and the ordinance will go into effect on May 19, 2018.
The final ordinance is available below.
If you have questions on this item please contact Steve Padovan: email@example.com or at 650-941-7222.
Related Meetings and Resources
- February 1, 2018 Staff Report (PDF)
- August 3, 2017 Planning Commission Agenda
- August 3, 2017 Staff Report (PDF)
- June 1, 2017 Memorandum (PDF)
- April 19, 2018 Short-Term Rental Ordinance (PDF) **NEW**
- March 22, 2018 Staff Report (PDF)
- September 21, 2017 Agenda of Meeting
- September 21, 2017 Staff Report
- August 29, 2017 Notice of Public Hearing (PDF)
- April 20, 2017 Staff Report (PDF)
- April 20, 2017 Minutes
- April 20, 2017 Meeting Video
Town Hall Meeting
updated: September 24, 2018