The Building division reviews architectural and structural plans for compliance with applicable building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and energy codes, and conducts site inspections of buildings under construction to ensure compliance with these codes.
The Building Counter will be CLOSED to the public for the holidays during the last two weeks of December as follows:
- Wednesday 12/23, Thursday 12/24, and Friday 12/25
- Thursday 12/30, and Friday 12/31
- An outdoor Building Counter at Town Hall is OPEN 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Building permit applications can be submitted and issued during these hours. No appointment is necessary.
- Construction projects in the Town are allowed as permitted under the most recent orders from the Santa Clara County Health Officer and the State of California.
- Construction projects are REQUIRED to comply with the County of Santa Clara’s Mandatory Directive for Construction Projects. This Mandatory Directive was issued on July 7, 2020 and revised on October 13, 2020. Failure to comply with this Directive will result in the cancellation of any inspections and potential issuance of a Stop Work Notice.
- For building questions, to submit a permit application, or to schedule a building inspection, please call (650) 947-2501 or email email the Building Department.
Updated Fee Schedule
An updated fee schedule for all Building fees is now in effect.
Hours of Construction
8:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Saturday, with no heavy equipment operations allowed on Saturday. For a complete list of observed holidays, please review the Hours of Construction (PDF) handout.
Building Inspector Consultations
To schedule an appointment to speak with the building inspector, call (650) 947-2501 or email the Building Department.
Building Permit Submittal & Issuance Hours
9:00 am to 11:00 am or 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
To Schedule Inspections
Please call 650-947-2501 to schedule. Be sure to include job address, permit number, type of inspection, requested date and whether you prefer AM or PM. It is recommended that you schedule inspections 48 hours in advance as inspection slots are not always available next day. Same day inspections are not provided.